Monday, April 10, 2017

April 2017
Salta

As promised, we are back. An early phone call from some MP and a minister interested in my work with domestic violence back in Australia. I want to contribute, to share ideas and experiences. To be able to somehow pass some of the knowledge of the last 25 years. There is so much need and so little resources!
Walking the old track of the "train to the clouds"

I have such great conversations. I feel so excited to meet these women and even more excited to paint for them a hopeful (and yet so hard) future. I know that they are grateful for the respite, the understanding, the energy to keep going .... so many insights together, and one meeting become one more and then another and one more please....I found very difficult to leave. I know that I should/could/need to stay here for a while and do a project. But, I need to fly....

Tilcara, Jujuy

Nothing compares with arriving to a place and just the luck...... is the major festival! It happened with us on several occasions and this time it was huge!

Easter. A big procession of 10,000 people coming from all different areas to walk for 3 days over the mountains and canyons and to bring the virgin down to a ceremony on the church. So many groups, dressed up, playing instruments coming down from the edge of the mountains is a spectacle that we won't forget. And it happens while we are trekking to the Garganta del Diablo, about 3,000 m above the sea, preparing for Machu Pichu doing some altitude training.



Humauaca and La Quiaca

Passing through these places it feels like we are stepping back in time. The mud houses, the mud roads, the goats and the markets. All look so different to what we are used to. I guess it is preparing us for Bolivia,


No comments: