Friday, November 14, 2014

October 27, Italian Riviera:

Hecti reminded me that last time we visit here I said that I wanted to come back, and I am so glad that we did! Santa Margherita is so exclusive and sophisticated and as pretty as my mum.


We took the ferry from Rapallo all the way to Portofino, which is so small and so cute with all the restaurants outside in the promenade, where the fishing boats dance on blue waters.

I still couldn't move my legs from Cinque Terre hike but I didn't want to miss the walk all the way back to Margherita on the boardwalk cliff  just in time to board our ferry back. Stunning views, stunning villages.


For every fastidious day there is Alassio. I asked Hecti to name this place anytime we have one of those days, futile, where we go around and around and never get anywhere... (trying to find a refill for our gas bottle for example)...





We continued our journey on the coastal drive from Italy to France... I could not resist stopping on what look like a very long promenade and take the bikes for a ride. What a beautiful surprise! Alassio, a  really big and great village with the cleanest and nicest sand we had seen in a long time... we bike around the little streets and along the sea, eat focaccia- the speciality of this region-  enjoying sun and just ride and ride going to the next town and the next one.






These places are great in this time of the year, all hotels shut down and most of the shops; so only the locals a few italians on holidays are still hanging around...it really feels like being one of them. Alassio definitely goes to my "places I can spend 2 months" list.


.

No comments: