Monday, October 13, 2014

Italy
Well, it took longer than expected but I am finally back!
10 years ago we did such a wonderful trip to Italy, a very dreamed trip. 5 weeks by car all over Italy. I said to Hector at that time that I feel that I needed to go back and live there for at least 1 year. Such was the impact of that country on me...and even though is not going to be for a year (at least not this time) I am so excited!

Italy is the place where I feel freer, at my best self. Here I can be tall, big, loud, fat, expressive, passionate....here I can be me. For all the rawness in this place, for all their hurried nature, their somehow aggressiveness, their sometimes indifference or contempt, here I can be me and being me is OK. I can dance in the piazza, "talk" in Italian, tell the waitress how bella she is, laugh with the kids in the playground, sunbake on my undies....

We met R&K for a week of travelling. They come all over Germany to spend time with us, we are so moved by their friendship. I
am sick with the flu and soon after Hector follows; but still we can enjoy our time together: pizza, grappa, gelato, limoncello, a glorious night at the edge of the water on Lago di Garda; sharing our stories and our wishes. Being with friends is so good for us, for our soul but then it take a few days for the emptiness to go away :(



We continue our trip around the lake, which is huge- 50km long- and stop and stay in the small villages. We totally love the markets; it tell us so much about the culture of the place the kind of things that people sell!...and we always buy fresh vegetables and fruits and here salamis and cheeses!

Some days I get worry. Well, a lot of days actually. I am worry about the future, about how are we going to live when we come back. Get jobs? All that looks scary to me, and I can't think how that is going to be possible. Hector remains calm and confident and think that we will manage. We are so grateful about this possibility right now, and we are so sure that we did the right thing and at the right time. All over the world we met people that keep saying to us that we are living their dreams!

4 comments:

EDUARDO said...

Ciao cari amici. Come stai? I think I can probably say I feel exactly the same about Italy for the same reasons but then I think a lot of those ways are the Argie ways. However like you my size is never an issue there though I'm still not brazen enough to sunbathe in my undies. You have me there!!! We too hope to share more friends time with you both before the year is out and hope to travel some part of your dream all of us together. So let down your hair (nice hair styles by the way) and when you are ready and flu free a rendition of "O Sole Mio" for the joy of the Italians please. Muchismo Love y besos. Jan xx Los quiero!!!!

EDUARDO said...

Ciao cari amici. Come stai? I think I can probably say I feel exactly the same about Italy for the same reasons but then I think a lot of those ways are the Argie ways. However like you my size is never an issue there though I'm still not brazen enough to sunbathe in my undies. You have me there!!! We too hope to share more friends time with you both before the year is out and hope to travel some part of your dream all of us together. So let down your hair (nice hair styles by the way) and when you are ready and flu free a rendition of "O Sole Mio" for the joy of the Italians please. Muchismo Love y besos. Jan xx Los quiero!!!!

Graci & Hecti said...

amore mio! love our dialogue via this blog....you make me feel that I am not alone....kisses and hugs

Unknown said...

Glad you love Italy so much - we are having fun in Rome! hope you also enjoy Spain and Portugal too .. Nice and warm there at the moment! Again, lovely to meet you both and we will follow your progress here. Love Dave, Chelle, James and Abbie